Maldives Immigration, with the full utilization of highly skilled human resources and modern technology, will execute its functions, to provide to the government and the citizens of the Maldives, excellent service while complying with National Laws and International norms.
Maldives Immigration while being vigilant, will use all of its resources to protect the borders of Maldives, from undesirable or harmful effects from immigrants and aliens, that might deter or disrupt the harmony and solidarity of the sovereign Maldives. Immigration also will facilitate and provide safe passage into and out of Maldives for genuine travelers.
- Control and manage the border to ensure the legal entry of people to Maldives.
- Coordinate with relevant government agencies to ensure that the foreigners staying in Maldives are doing so while fully complying with the Laws and Regulations.
- Provide a secure and a trustworthy international identification for the citizens of Maldives for their international travel.
- Attract and approve the entry of highly skilled immigrants.
- Assist the economic development of tourism, and other industries by issuing visas and permits.
- Create awareness and educate Immigration Rules, Regulations, Service Policies among the various interest groups of Immigration through partnership programs.
- Minimize the adverse impacts of immigration, which may occur when people overstay, work illegally or fraudulently obtain a visa.
- Issue passports and other forms of travel documents to citizens of Maldives in an effective and an efficient manner.