Business visa is the permit to remain in Maldives for the purposes of business or a professional work. However, this type of visa is issued under sponsorship by a local company or a party that has been permitted and approved by the concerned Maldivian Government authority. The local sponsor should complete the business visa application form (IM24) and submit to Maldives Immigration for approval before 24 hours. The approved business visa form must be submitted to Airport Immigration 1 hour prior to arrival of the applicant. A visa fee of MVR750 will be charged for the Business visa.
- Application form ( form IM24)
- Registration copy of the company / clubs / association
- A machine readable (MRZ) Passport Bio-data page copy of the applicant (At least 6 months validity)
- Supporting Documents such as Qualification certificates or letter from foreign company (should mention the purpose, experience in the field, duration and place of stay)
- Processing Fee: MVR 750/- (nun refundable)
As the person leaves Maldives;
- The Embarkation Card portion will be retrieved.
- Make sure that passports are endorsed with a valid visa.
- A fine of MVR 15750 will be imposed as an overstayed fee.