“Deposit” is the money that has to be deposited in Maldives Immigration (MI) for employees under work visa. Deposit must be paid prior to the arrival of employee.
Under Immigration Legislation, the deposit submitted will be used to send back the employee to his/her respective country, should the responsibility fall on the government
Stated Deposit is used to facilitate to send back the employee if he / she violate the laws & regulations of MI. Deposit money includes the lowest airfare to the homeland of the employee, and other expenses spend while in care of MI.
Security Deposit will only be refunded if;
- The Work Visa is cancelled and employer provides the return ticket, or
- Change of employer occurs, or
- In case of death of the employee / worker
Under any other circumstances, security deposit will not be refunded.
The deposit of the employees deported, send back under the care of MI (re-integrated) is non-refundable.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR DEPOSIT REFUND:
- Original of the security deposit payment slip (If paid online, original is not necessary)
- Individual: Copy of National Identity card
- Company: Copy of Company Registration certificate
- Dead body report (If refunding in case of death of an employee)
- Bank account verification document (deposit slip, copy of check, etc.)
- Refund Slip (if payment was made online)
The deposit rates are subject to change without any notice.Please check periodically for updates. Click to view latest Deposit Rates
Download Deposit Refund Form (IM27)