Effective from 15th July 2021, tourists originating from South Asian countries (Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka) are allowed to travel to the Maldives. However, tourists traveling from South Asian countries is not permitted to check-in or stay at tourist facilities in inhabited islands until 30th July 2021.
All tourists, including those who have completed the prescribed dose(s) of Covid19 vaccines, must hold a negative result for a nucleic acid test (PCR test) for Covid19, with a sample taken within 96 hours prior to departure to the Maldives from the first port of embarkation en-route to the Maldives. However, children below one year old are exempt from the requirement of the PCR test. Tourists should also comply with other entry requirements to the Maldives.
Work Visa and other visa holders
Effective from 08th July 2021, Work Visa and other visa holders, except tourist visa, originating from South Asian countries are allowed to travel to the Maldives, however, are obliged to comply with the following requirements as a preventive measure against COVID19;
- Must have a negative PCR test result with a sample taken 96 hours prior to their departure to the Maldives.
- Submit Traveler Health declaration form via IMUGA portal within 24hrs of arrival to the Maldives.
- Traveler must request for quarantine 24hrs prior to departure via [email protected].
- Travelers must quarantine in designated facilities by Health Protection Agency.
- Quarantine accommodations arranged by private companies, resorts and government authorities for their employees, must be approved in accordance with the guideline by Health Protection Agency.
- Approved facilities will be updated by HPA from time to time.
Duration of quarantine for work visa and other visa holders;
- Quarantine period will be reduced to 7 days for those who have completed their vaccination dosage (WHO approved vaccines) and at least 14 days have passed after the recommended doses. Others must complete a period of 14 days quarantine.
- Must undergo a PCR test within 48-72 hours of arrival to the Maldives, as well as at the end of the quarantine period (cost of the test shall be paid by the individual or employer).
Additional information for work visa and other visa holders;
- All costs incurred during the quarantine period shall be borne by the individual or their employer.
- Register in Haalubelun portal within 24 hours of arrival.
- Work Visa and other visa holders are obliged to follow the mentioned quarantined procedures.
Source: HPA ((IUL)452/452/2021/12)