New employment arrivals
A Person traveling to the Maldives for the purpose of employment will be given 15 days from the date of arrival .In order to acquire this pre period, traveler should poses a valid employment approval which is not exceeding 90 days from date of issue and the person should provide the same passport for which employment approval is issued. Re Entry on Employment approval without obtaining a visa is possible unless the Employment Approval remains valid (within 90 days from date of issue)
- A machine readable (MRZ) Passport Bio-data page copy of the applicant (At least 1 Year validity)
- A valid Employment approval not exceeding 90 days from date of arrival
- Traveler should provide the same passport mention in the Employment approval
- Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card approved by Maldives Immigration
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
Returning to Maldives after been abroad Employee must make sure their Work permit remains valid.
As the Employee leaves Maldives;
- The Embarkation Card portion will be retrieved.
- Make sure that passports are endorsed with valid work visa.
- New employment Arrivals should get an endorsement from Maldives immigration if it exceeds 15 days from arrival.