All travelers are required to go through immigration clearance upon arrival.
Inbound passenger must satisfy the following basic entry requirements before they can be considered for entry into Republic of Maldives:
- A passport or Travel Document with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) with at least 6 months validity
- A Pre-Paid hotel booking/accommodation
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Maldives
- Confirmed onward/return tickets to home country or a country of Resident (not applicable for valid Resident permit holders)
- Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
- Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card approved by Maldives Immigration
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
Tourist visa is granted for all nationalities, on arrival to Maldives. This means, no prior visa is required to arrive to Maldives as a Tourist.
The maximum number of days granted on arrival would be 30 days unless agreed by any bilateral means or Treaty. The thirty days is not for the passenger to claim, but lies at the discretion of the Immigration to grant any number of days less than or equal to 30.
The period of stay granted is shown on the endorsement given on the passport. Passengers are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the number of days stay given.
All Passengers Entitle on Tourist visa are not permitted to engage in any form of business, occupation, profession or paid employment while in Maldives.
As the Passenger leaves Maldives;
- The Embarkation Card portion will be retrieved.
- All travelers are also reminded that it is a punishable offence to overstay in Maldives beyond the number of days given.
- A fine of MVR 15750 will be imposed as an overstayed fee.