A person traveling to cover a media event or any type of media related activity should get pre authorization from the Ministry of Information, Arts and Culture. A Business visa application form (IM24) must be provided by the concerned local party, prior to arrival date. Furthermore, the foreigner should ascertain Maldives Immigration the purpose of visit and provide identification to Immigration officer upon request.
A passport or Travel Document with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) with at least 6 months validity
- Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card approved by Maldives Immigration
- Confirmed onward/return tickets to home country or a country of Resident (not applicable for valid Resident permit holders)
- Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
As the person leaves Maldives;
- The Embarkation Card portion will be retrieved.
- Make sure that passports are endorsed with a valid visa.