Effective from 29th January 2021, following categories of travelers must hold a negative result for a nucleic acid test (PCR test) for COVID- l9 prior to entry into the Maldives.
- All Tourist
- Special Visa holders
- Business visa holders
- Foreign diplomats and their accompanying family members
- Airline/aircraft crew, whose transit stay in the Maldives;
- is arranged in an accommodation other than a designated transit facility and/or;
- duration of stay exceeds seven days
- Crew of ships who arrive by air to sign onto a ship
Passengers except those specified in above, and children below one year are required to undergo mandatory home quarantine for 10 (ten) days in their place of residence or work. Such passengers must obtain a COVID- 19 negative PCR test result before they are released from quarantine.
Maldivian citizens and Work Visa holders travelling to the Maldives are required to undergo mandatory home quarantine for 10 (ten) days in their place of residency or work.
Reference: Air Transport Circular on 28th Jan 2021 (AT14/2020 – Issue 07)