Maldives Immigration wishes to provide an efficient and effective service in facilitating entry and exit from Maldives and ensure a smooth immigration clearance for the visitors. As such, we remind all passengers traveling to the Republic of Maldives to ensure possession of all mandatory documentation and fulfill Immigration requirements. Additionally, passengers must provide correct and accurate information at the Immigration counter.
Entry Requirements for Tourists
Prior to Arrival
- Submit the Traveler Health Declaration form online via IMUGA portal within 24hrs prior to departure from the first port of embarkation.
- Must hold a passport or a travel document with a Machine-Readable Zone (MRZ), with at least one month validity.
- A genuine pre-paid hotel booking.
- Confirmed return or onward ticket together with necessary visas.
- Passengers must attach a negative Covid-19 PCR test result while filling Traveler Health Declaration form (sample taken within 96 hours prior to departure to Maldives, counting from the first port of embarkation en-route to the Maldives).
- If vaccinated, provide Covid-19 vaccination details (WHO approved vaccines only) while filling Traveler Health Declaration.
- Passengers must provide truthful and complete information to the queries of the Immigration Officer.
- Passengers intending to travel to a third country via Maldives should provide onward flight details with correct and accurate information at the point of entry. Providing false or deliberately misleading information will result in denial of entry or restriction of traveling to a third country.
- Passengers presenting false hotel reservations shall not be granted entry to Maldives.
- Passengers must provide proof of sufficient funds for the intended period of stay in Maldives.
All parties failing to comply with the immigration requirements will be penalized in accordance with Immigration Law.