A person traveling Maldives to visit local friends or family members should provide a sponsorship declaration form to Maldives Immigration prior to arrival date. The sponsorship form should be filled by the local party/person responsible for the foreigner.
A passport or Travel Document with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) with at least 6 months validity
- A Pre-Paid hotel booking/accommodation
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Maldives
- Confirmed onward/return tickets to home country or a country of Resident (not applicable for valid Resident permit holders)
- Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
- Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card approved by Maldives Immigration
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
As the person leaves Maldives;
- The Embarkation Card portion will be retrieved.
- Make sure that passports are endorsed with a valid visa.